Looking?

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's Been One Year


CHARLIE DANIELS
"A brief candle; both ends burning 
An endless mile; a bus wheel turning
A friend to share the lonesome times
A handshake and a sip of wine
So say it loud and let it ring
We are all a part of everything
The future, present and the past
Fly on proud bird
You're free at last."

written en route to the funeral for his friend, Ronnie Van Zant of the band, Lynyrd Skynyrd.



To start this blog on a sad note, Today is the one year mark to losing a dear friend of mine.

I'll take a shot for you my friend

We miss you....


Today I woke up a half hour before my alarm was set to go off.  Got up, showered, shaved, and got on the computer.  Around 11:30 my friend showed up, and I went with her to re-move into her dorm room.  I am so excited that everyone is coming back.  Needless to say, I miss a lot of people that I haven't seen in a very long time, and I am going to be spending the day on campus tomorrow again.

While I was on campus I saw quite a few people I have been missing.  And, I cleaned my friends suite door because some freshman decided it would be funny to toss apple sauce all over it.  Immature is a word that comes to mind.

I also attended my friends Initiation into the nursing program on campus.  Congrats!!!
Afterwards 12 of us went out to Applebees and had dinner.  The waiter there was hot, and his voice kind of turned me on. But, he kind of reminded me of Joey from Friends. Lol

I have spent most of this day, a small buzz in the back of my mind, reminding me that it was a year ago today I sat in a funeral home and said goodbye to my friend.  She left us earlier than I would have liked, but I know that she is better now.  That does not mean she is not missed, only that I am at peace with having said goodbye.  I am sad though, that those of us who knew her, rarely speak these days.  I will have to make it a point to get in touch with everyone.

I wanted to thank Ryan from Ryan's Life for making a shout of to my blog.  Ryan, there was something that concerned me though, I would love to speak with you through a private connection.  I am going to try and contact through e-mail before I head to bed tonight.

I would also like to thank justolefriend and their blog But Time Makes You Bolder

Goodnight everybody...
Thanks for Listening.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry about your friend passing. Although yall don't speak of her doesn't mean that others like you don't carry her in thier hearts. I hope she always stays there. I hope you find peace and remember her well from time to time..... Lee ( justolefriend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey travis i added you to my msn also my email address is ryryt87@yahoo.com also added you to facebook. sorry about your friend i lost one when i was about 13 messed me up for a while. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that. i know a bit about loss from the past few years. I am gonna add you on my blog http://antonshaus.blogspot.com and let me know if that is a problem and i will take it off.
    ~Anton

    ReplyDelete